More Than 40 Years Of Excellence

Helping You Navigate Easement And Boundary Issues

As a farm owner, your property is central to your livelihood. When an issue arises with neighboring land, whether due to a boundary dispute or an easement issue, it is important that you protect your best interests. With the help of a skilled attorney, you can better position yourself to continue getting the most out of your property.

I am attorney Barry Hines, and I routinely assist farm owners in downstate Illinois with their legal needs. I have more than 40 years of experience, and I work tirelessly to aid my clients in seeking fair and beneficial legal solutions.

Boundary Disputes Can Become Complicated

If you and neighboring farm owner are in a disagreement over a property boundary, the issue can quickly become contentious. As one is rarely inclined to surrender property that they believe is rightfully theirs, the assistance of a lawyer is often a must in these situations. I can help you by:

  • Seeking out a property survey
  • Reaching an alternative agreement on property lines
  • Filing a quiet title lawsuit
  • Obtaining an adverse possession claim or defending against one

While a boundary dispute can be a hassle, there are often available solutions that can serve your interests. By consulting with a knowledgeable lawyer such as myself, you can better understand your legal options.

Seeking An Easement To Aid In Your Production

If you and an adjacent land owner share a practical infrastructure need, an easement can be a helpful tool. Perhaps you need to share a road or install a drain tile line or utility line that crosses your neighbor’s property – an easement can provide you with a viable legal pathway for accomplishing this. I can help you explore your options for a potential easement that may make sense for both parties. If a utility claims seeks to cross your farm with a pipeline or electric transmission, I can assure that you receive fair compensation for the land taken and for damages to your remaining farmland.

Call My Office Today

Contact my Springfield office today for additional information. You can arrange for an initial consultation by calling me at 217-953-4051 or by filling out my simple online contact form. I look forward to working with you.